Digital New Media Researcher
Digital New Media Researcher
AEBC is a fast growing, independent internet and TV service provider offering residents across BC and Alberta an alternative to the big guys. AEBC is a licensed TV broadcaster and works with multiple cities on developing high speed fiber-to-the-home internet service.
The Digital New Media Researcher will be responsible for carrying out internal applied research projects, writing technical reports and planning, executing and evaluating product trials in the field of new media and broadcasting. The applicant will be responsible for leading projects, ensuring projects remain within their budget, and for communicating with industrial clients and collaborators regarding budgets. The incumbent will provide supervision, support and guidance to the entire research team regarding project design, as well as approaches to utilizing required equipment and tools to ensure timely, innovative project outcomes are achieved. The Research Engineer conducts data collection and analysis, writes technical reports and presents results to various stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred in either Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another related program
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- 2 years’ experience in an interdisciplinary engineering research environment planning, preparing and executing tests and trials and managing research networks and projects
- Experience in IPTV, signal processing and networks preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of techniques for planning, managing and coordinating multiple projects, with competing priorities that involve a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with best practices for reviewing and writing grant proposals
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one’s own unit
- Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to research/investigate issues and resolve problems
- Communication skills to describe technical concepts effectively to both novice and sophisticated users and with an ability to write clear, concise and accurate analytics, reports and procedural documentation
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service to directly and indirectly satisfy expectations
- Ability to handle details with a high degree of accuracy and to organize and prioritize a high volume of work to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments with a commitment to ongoing professional development and with a desire to take on new challenges
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate events and activities
- Excellent troubleshooting ability along with hands-on expertise in technical support
- Ability to search within and outside the formal boundaries of the organization for innovative ways to improve work
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and other applications or equipment used to support the projects
- Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
Please provide resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Digital New Media Researcher’ as the subject.
AEBC Internet Corp. has over 15 years’ experience operating as Western Canada’s largest wholesale internet and TV provider. AEBC is now launched its services for residential cable and DSL access in addition to working with municipal governments on bringing fiber-to-the-home smart city projects to life.