AEBC is a fast growing, independent internet and TV service provider offering residents across BC and Alberta an alternative to the big guys. AEBC is a licensed TV broadcaster and works with multiple cities on developing high speed fiber-to-the-home internet service.
Accountant Job Description
- Support and coordinate the daily accounting activities involving billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and personnel actions, inventory, general bookkeeping and financial accounting for AEBC Internet Corporation and CipherTV Corporation. Work with a staff of three personnel. Coordinate across other companies and operating departments to affect and manage the various tasks and matters.
- Establish, recommends and implement policies and procedures, system improvements, internal controls and best practices, resolutions on accounting and operational issues, customer relations and standards, tax interpretations, automation, and other matters affecting operational efficiency and productivity.
- Manage company funds, foreign exchange requirements and TDFX transactions, credit card use allocation for optimal use and leverage to bank line of credit.
- Manage and complies on various statutes and regulations affecting company operations involving labor standards, federal and provincial taxation including tax audit, income tax, BC Registry corporate affairs and annual reports including amalgamation and dissolution, and various regulatory reporting compliance.
- Manage, administer, act as liaison on company business with CRA on various filings, Ministry of Finance, BC Corporate Registry, WCB, CRTC, Statistics Canada, CICO and USPTO for trademarks, GS1 Canada for bar code, City Of Vancouver/Richmond, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau and CCTS for customer complaints, TD bank covenants reporting compliance, Chamber Group Benefit Plan as administrator, Service Canada, customers and vendors representatives, and independent consultants.
- Liaise with independent accountant for the required financial review ensuring compliance with bank covenants on financial statement numbers and ratios.
- Arrange sign-up, manage and maintain customers and suppliers contracts and agreements. Wrote and established customer contracts as standard contract forms, e.g. ISP/VAR contract, Lease contract, Co-location contract, Referral Fee Agreement, consultant and contractors’ agreement. Also heavily involved in writing sign up forms and various other forms for company use.
- Review paperwork, provide feedback and input, recommend solutions on various matters on customer and vendor disputes/issues, due diligence in offer to purchase/sell, issues and incidences affecting staff teamwork, employee morale, etc. Perform other assignments as assigned.
- Focus: To establish and coordinate cost accounting systems and procedures and management reporting along with enhanced financial reporting that will better served a structured management with multiple users/readers.
- Promote operational efficiency and best practices: established systems and procedures, implements internal controls that extend across operating departments. Initially consolidated cheque writing to Accounts Payable, established voucher and imprest fund system followed by streamlining various procedures and processes from simple filing routine, to E-xact payment gateway set up, and through the complexities of contracts and agreements.
- Contribute to revenue in hundreds of thousands: managing Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) filing; wage subsidy under the Future Works and other programs; instituting past due interest regular monthly billing; attending to claims and dispute processes with vendors for credit back; and dispute resolutions with customers, etc.
- Contribute to cost savings: hands-on and involvement and acting as liaison on various government filings: personal tax filing and corporate tax filing for multiple companies, incorporation filing including amalgamation and corporate dissolution, attend to sales tax issues with US vendors, consolidate banking and TDFX currency exchange, etc. 12. Contribute to cost savings: hands-on and involvement and acting as liaison on various government filings: personal tax filing and corporate tax filing for multiple companies, incorporation filing including amalgamation and corporate dissolution, attend to sales tax issues with US vendors, consolidate banking and TDFX currency exchange, etc.
Please provide resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Accountant’ as the subject.
AEBC Internet Corp. has over 15 years’ experience operating as Western Canada’s largest wholesale internet and TV provider. AEBC is now launched its services for residential cable and DSL access in addition to working with municipal governments on bringing fiber-to-the-home smart city projects to life.